Frequently Asked Questions about your Campus Card

  • A. We apologize for the inconvenience, please bring your Campus Card to Card Services so that we can assess your specific issue and create a solution.

    A. You may want to punch a hole directly in your Campus Card in order to be able to place it directly onto a badge holder or lanyard. PLEASE DO NOT PUNCH A HOLE IN YOUR CARD! The Campus Card contains special technology that will be damaged and rendered inoperable by hole-punching. A $25 replacement fee will be charged for a damaged card due to hole punching. A basic ID holder is available from Card Services. The KSU Bookstore also carries a variety of ID holders available for purchase.
  • A. There is a $25 replacement fee for replacing your Campus Card.
  • A. Your Campus Card is used for campus identification purposes, accessing gated parking areas (starting fall 2014), riding the B.O.B. shuttles, access to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, copying and printing, University Dining, discounts at participating local businesses, and it also displays your KSU ID# and NetID.
  • A. Access is granted by the administrative authority in your department who must email/fax Gary Garner (the campus locksmith) a Key Request Form.
  • A. No, keys must be ordered through the campus locksmith, but you may pickup your keys at the Card Services Office 24/48 hours after your Key Request Form has been submitted.
  • A. To sponsor a long-term visitor a ‘service request form‘ must be filled out and returned to the Card Services office. Please remember that if a NetID is requested, a date of birth (DOB), and the last four digits of his/her social security number (SSN) is required.
  • A. Please visit the NetID Request Form for Sponsored Groups.
  • A. All parking decals are to be placed on the front windshield on the inside in the lower left corner. Individuals with parking hangtags should hang the tag from the rearview mirror with the colored side facing out; or on the dashboard on the drivers’ side with the colored side facing up.
  • A. Parking selections and corresponding decals are valid during the fall and spring semesters of an academic year. New parking selections must be made every semester. If a new area is selected, a new decal is required for that area.
    Please note: Students must pick up a new decal each fall as the parking decals will not carry over from the following year.
  • A. There is a $25 fee to replace a parking decal or hangtag. Should you lose either credential, immediately come to Card Services to replace them. Parking enforcement does not distinguish between lost and no decal violations.
  • A. Bring in a police report, vehicle incident report, or other pertinent official documentation and we will replace your permit free of charge. Otherwise a $25 replacement fee will apply to your account.